Strange Acro coloring

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that new growth on some of my acros are strangely colored. The first picture is a JF Solar Flare. Super green on the right but all the new growth which was fairly rapid is reddish brown. Looks like a totally different coral. The next picture is Pikachu acro the base is green and the tips are green but the flesh in the middle doesn’t have much color other than the purplish polyps. Both are top of the rock scape about 8” below the surface and lit by g4 Radion pros with diffusers about 9” above the water at running AB+ from 10am to 4pm then all blues at 100% and whites red and green at 5% until 9pm all run at 85% schedule intensity. No3 8-10 Po4 ..06-.1 tested with Hannah ulr. Alk 8.5 pretty steady tested by a trident 420 calcium 1320 Mag pH 8.2 - 8.5. Any ideas as to what would cause this? Colors of everything else are ok although not as vibrant as I would like.

IMG_6892.jpeg IMG_6895.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First picture just looks like the polyps aren’t extended on the left side so you don’t see the green.. the second picture is normal the body is prolly shadowed and not coloring up like the rest and growth tips are always a different color:

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks poplyps are out but not as much as the right side. Just looks strange. hard to tell from crap iPhone picture.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back