Strange creature ID please , good or bad ?

mOnsterzOas26

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2013
Messages
440
Reaction score
83
Location
West valley Utah
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388738565.068198.jpg

The one in the plug next to the zoas
 
It's a Stomatella Snail. A very good snail. Hopefully it will reproduce for ya; they have a tendency to do that. A lot of things will eat them though.
 
Yea I think their definitely reproducing , I just went to check my tank and I counted like 18 all over the glass and the back wall and LR, some of them are big like an inch I don't know how big they get
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388740582.573310.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388740624.777366.jpg
 
You can't have too many. I had hundreds once, but zero now. The fish in my tanks eat them. Also, you can trade them as they are sought after.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new