Strange dark circles on Blonde Naso

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found a strange small ptch of dark circles on my blonde naso. The patch is maybe a half inch by a half inch, on only one side, way up just under the dorsal fin, front third of the tang body. Maybe 5 or sox circles sort of, lighter in the middle. Well above the lateral line. Thought it might be an injury until I looked closer. No google images of diseases look even remotely similar. Any ideas what the heck that is? Fish seems fine.

OP
OP
KenRexford

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191101_214234.jpg

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other inhabitants do you have in your tank? You don't possibly have a foxface do you?

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My orange shoulder gets it once on a while. I feel like it's a scrape that gets a small bacterial infection on it. It usually goes away on it's own in a week or so.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. A small juvenile, but yes.

You might consider separating them. They both compete for the same food and keeping both is a hit or miss deal. I suspected a foxface by your pics. I had a powder brown and foxface in a 120 and it was full on warfare and the powder brown had same marks as your tang does. Check your foxface for any small scars.

OP
OP
KenRexford

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be best buddies. This morning they have been swimming together perhaps as much as the chromis pair. No injuries on the foxface. If I had to guess, maybe the bully domino damsel went after the foxface, the blonde naso as usual intervened, and the injury was due to a friendly fire collision. LOL

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be best buddies. This morning they have been swimming together perhaps as much as the chromis pair. No injuries on the foxface. If I had to guess, maybe the bully domino damsel went after the foxface, the blonde naso as usual intervened, and the injury was due to a friendly fire collision. LOL

That's a good possibility, Dominos can be tormented demons. I'm not a fan of any damsels especially when trying to remove them from a tank. Like I said keep an eye on tang vs foxface, my two made WWE look mild.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 106 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back