Strange reef in the Rockies

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a few year break from the hobby its time to jump in. Consistent moves with my time in the army has made it difficult to keep a tank long term ( my longest tank I have kept has been just over 2 years). Now that I am done moving I can finally get things going again. I am hoping to post a lot on the journey this time so this should be pic heavy in time. So far all I have is a new RO unit and my rock which is currently cycling in a good ol brute trash can while I save up for a tank. Not much yet but its a start!
OWdmkiU.jpg

Last edited:

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
strange33w

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still working on getting things going but my build will be on a little bit of a hold till my old house sells and i am free from it. unless i get lucky and win the water box give away. Hoping for the best.

OP
OP
strange33w

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with my house sold it's time to get started again. Planning on going with the water box 130.4. Going for a mixed reef; so any light recommendations welcome. My last 2 tanks had radions but I kinda want to try something different. leaning toward a T5 LED set up. Did get the first piece today now to just order the tank.
Apex - Imgur.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
strange33w

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after doing some more thinking i am leaning towards the red sea 525xl. Anyone have any experience with them they look like nice tanks overall. Just would have to figure out what lights I would like over it.

OP
OP
strange33w

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some more equipment in today for the build and finally ordered the tank. Went with the red sea 525XL. Its nice to finally get things going again after the few month hiatus.

vortec.jpg

Back