OP
OP
strange33w

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And its wet! got it all filled up this morning. My rock that was cycling for about almost 4 months will def help with any small cycle I may still get. After testing today read 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 3 nitrate so off to a good start. (another little progress pic from when it was filling)
filling up.jpg

OP
OP
strange33w

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a quarantine tank today from the local LFS today. Figured it was time to finally have one of these. And then when my fish adding is over may turn it into a small grow out tank.
qtank.jpg

OP
OP
strange33w

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a little update. Things have been going as expected so far. Had a small diatom bloom about 2 days after filling the tank up and it cleared on its own about 2 days later. parameters have all been stable with my nitrates getting lower than i would like (went from around 5ppm to 0 over the last 2 weeks but everything has been looking healthy so that's good. Will try to get some better photos next update.

25 Nov2019.jpg

OP
OP
strange33w

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my original water mixing station would not stop leaking so upgraded to mixing station 2.0. Also added the auto water change with the DOS and put my ATK pump in the fresh water container. No more buckets for this guy!
mixing 2.0.jpg

OP
OP
strange33w

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a bit thought I would put up a little update. Most has been going well so far. Had both my clown fish die but I think they may have just been old, both were from another persons tank and were very large. No other fish have died so that's the only thing I could think of. Now I just need to get more coral in this tank. Did add a rainbow nem, Its my first time trying out an anemone so hoping for the best.
full tank feb 2.jpg
T1jQtYS.jpg

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank man. Moving definitely makes it hard. I finally gave up on waiting and started one myself even though I know I’ll have to break it down and start over again. I miss it out there in the springs though. I lived down in fountain when I was there a few years ago. My daughter used to love going to fountain pets by Walmart because they’d always have some crazy animals. I remember we went in there one time and they had a juvenile green anaconda! The dude hated it. Nobody would buy it and every time they’d open the cage to feed it the thing would try to bite them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back