Strange translucent algea?

fundee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Location
Colorado Springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, first time poster, and unfortunately it's to identify a strange looking algea. It doesn't really look like algea, I suppose it could be some sort of hitchhiker, but I haven't really been able to find anything quite like it. It's mostly translucent, but has "tips" almost like a coral. For example my candy cane has feeding appendages, and it looks very similar to that. I'll attach a picture, hopefully that'll help. Thank you for any help you can give!

5E8E5AF4-CF56-4837-B4F9-0C73B22AEB57.jpeg
 
I guess I just didn't look hard enough. I looked for hitchhikers rather than algea and discovered it's ball anemone. Sorry for my lack of effort up front.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new