Strange white marks in clownfish

naselflee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.
Sorry for all the questions I’m having about my fish. I’m just a newbie who is still learning everything.

So I’ve had my 90 litre tank set up for 6 months now. I’ve had my two clown fish and juvenile foxface in there for about 5 months now.
The last couple of days, my male clownfish has taken a liking to my hammer coral and is fully submerged in it.
I’ve noticed last night with just the blue light on that he is developing some white spots on the top of his fin and bit around his face and a spot on his eye.
I’ve not added any new fish in the tank.
The newest thing I added 2 weeks ago was an acan coral and morph.
The other clownfish and foxface hasn’t developed the spots.
When the white light is on, you can’t notice any marks on him.
Also I’ve noticed the last month that my fish has the occasional stringy white poop, but sometimes it’s brown stingy poop.
They all eat fine and are growing and none of them are skinny or pinched stomach.

My parameters at Sg 1.025
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 15ppm
Temp 25c

can anyone let me know if it’s because of the hammer coral or if it there is something lurking in my tank from the corals I’ve introduced.
I’ve tried to take picture, but it doesn’t show up.
Thank you

04C30FE2-10F4-4EE2-A602-AF17104A2AE4.jpeg 8EDB745C-6A44-431A-9619-727A2D964AB7.jpeg 6F98E69B-7DAE-4876-A726-A8BA3050DAC3.jpeg DAFB7B68-59F3-4CFC-9216-52088FDA0DE4.jpeg

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not very good pics, white spots usually means ich or velvet. Once you see them for velvet though, probably too late. 5 months, probably ich. String poop, internal parasites. Maybe flukes.

Need better pictures.

OP
OP
naselflee

naselflee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. Such bad pictures. It doesn’t stay still and photos don’t bring up the spots.
Can white spot stay dormant in the tank for 5 months?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a clownfish (need better pictures). Stringy poop isn't necessarily indicative of anything, other than if it's whiteish it just means they haven't had as much nutritional content. Velvet looks like they've dipped themselves in butter and rolled in some fine powdery sugar or flour, so if it doesn't look like that it's not velvet. The hammer wouldn't be the cause - Clownfish will home all sorts of things.

OP
OP
naselflee

naselflee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a clownfish (need better pictures). Stringy poop isn't necessarily indicative of anything, other than if it's whiteish it just means they haven't had as much nutritional content. Velvet looks like they've dipped themselves in butter and rolled in some fine powdery sugar or flour, so if it doesn't look like that it's not velvet. The hammer wouldn't be the cause - Clownfish will home all sorts of things.
I was thinking it wasn’t velvet as my bosses tank had velvet 2 months ago and lost most of his fish.
I just don’t know what it is as I check over my fish numerous times a day and just noticed the spots last night in the blue light.
I do feed them a combination of mysis and ocean nutrition formula 2

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With velvet you do get spots. But by that time, it's probably over.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should hook up with this guy breed offspring that cancel each other's white and black spots out...

OP
OP
naselflee

naselflee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should hook up with this guy breed offspring that cancel each other's white and black spots out...

Don’t know if you’re trying to be funny, but I’m absolutely devastated about my fish.
This is my first time having a fish tank and I’ve kept it pretty good for 6 months with twice weekly 10% water changes and adding vitamins to the tank to keep my fish and coral healthy.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back