Black spots on clownfish

JustinTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo just a couple days ago I was treating my mocha clown for internal parasites (white stringy stuff coming from underneath) with prazipro and his condition is improving. While checking on both clowns today, I noticed some black dots on my gladiator clown. I’ve heard of things like sting marks and black ich, just not sure how to identify the difference. He has been eating like normal and both clowns have been sucking on the Duncan tentacles recently and nuzzling up into it. Any opinions on which it could be? Or something else? Thanks in advance for all the help :)
F53719C4-5447-45B3-975F-7F3F14EC5FEC.jpeg
6AC77AA3-54F4-43F6-97F4-4D8ABE83E7E6.jpeg
622A2A48-0F43-42DE-A8D5-BE7D33F85E80.jpeg

OP
OP
JustinTanks

JustinTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d much rather have sting spots than black ich so I’m happy with that haha. I was leaning to stings because he’s really been getting into the Duncan’s recently probably because his anemone is no longer with us.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d much rather have sting spots than black ich so I’m happy with that haha. I was leaning to stings because he’s really been getting into the Duncan’s recently probably because his anemone is no longer with us.

"Black ich" is actually a turbellarian worm cyst. It is often self-limiting and goes away on its own. Clownfish are also not very frequently seen with it. These are almost assuredly coral stings from some of the coral I see in the background....

Jay

OP
OP
JustinTanks

JustinTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Black ich" is actually a turbellarian worm cyst. It is often self-limiting and goes away on its own. Clownfish are also not very frequently seen with it. These are almost assuredly coral stings from some of the coral I see in the background....

Jay
Thank you for the reassurance! He barely goes near the torch but has definitely become quite fond of the duncans especially in the mid afternoon when they’re fully open and tentacles are longer. Crazy clown probably wants to sleep in the Duncan like he did with his old anemone haha.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%
Back