Strange white pests/ eggs?

MattPLaw

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2024
Messages
122
Reaction score
92
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

To be honest I don't know how to describe these things. They look a bit like tiny pineapples that are completely white. I have attached a picture to help. Now that I have spotted them, I see that there are tons of them. Does anyone know what these are? They are approximately anywhere from 1-3mm.

20240611_174500~2.jpg 20240611_174447.jpg
 
Pineapple sponges, good filter feeders...
 
Okay so just let them chill where they are? They are kinda in a shaded area anyway.
 
I love these little sponges. They add a nice touch to my frag plugs. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new