Strangest Delivery Mishaps: by mail or LFS pickup by yourself

Tangs-A-Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll go first:

It was a LFS pickup by me, but a little farther away than usual. I was picking up a Flashing Tilefish and a Blue Spotted Puffer.

It was winter, so a bit cold out, and I hadn’t noticed that my passenger seat had the seat heat function on the past 15 minutes. I peeked in the bags and the puffer looked like Tara Reid after a holiday weekend at the beach. I wanted to get the temperature down quick, and I hadn’t finished my Red Bull & Vodka, so I split the drink into the two bags.

When I checked on them again, I shouldn’t have been surprised, the Flashing Tilefish was bouncing all around the bag like he was in a moshpit. The Puffer looked like he had a big grin and I thought he winked at me.

I finger dipped the water and it wasn’t warm anymore, but a bit cold. To get it back up I realized I had my bong in the backseat and used the water to bring it back up.

I was almost home and decided to check on them one more time. The Flashing Tilefish looked like he had on a tie dye outfit, flashing like mad and the Blue Spotted Puffer, wow, his colors, too. He definitely was winking at me. I realized I started having a flashback from Grateful Dead concert, May 8, 77. I had on a big smile the rest of the way home knowing my fish were in good hands.

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a bunch of live rock… the company I ordered from mixed my order up with an order that was going to the opposite side of the country. Long story short I got a call from a pet store saying they got my package in by mistake…. Then the company calls me later that day and says hey your box went to the wrong place and we accidentally sent you 500 mollies… well the mollies got stuck at the airport…. The airport calls me and asks what’s in the box and I tell them 500 fish… and the company made a mistake and sent them to me so go ahead and return to the sender…. As they was still close to the vender…. Well days go by and the air port calls again and says they have a package with my name on it sitting behind the desk and it’s starting to smell very bad they again ask what’s in the box…. Sheesh in the end I never got the rock, the fish store never got the mollies and all mollies died.

OP
OP
Tangs-A-Lot

Tangs-A-Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Levity, obviously my story was made up. The topic will have some happy endings and some with animal death(s), as noted above with the happy Discus and the sad fate of the Mollies. Many times these situations occur due to overworked or undertrained employees. When shopping locally I always watch the LFS employee so there is no damage to an anemone foot, bags have enough water/double bagged, etc. I also bring a Tupperware container to hold the fish in case of a serious water leak on the drive home.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 106 76.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back