Strawberry shortcake acro frags

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should they do okay up top under the 4 x 24 watt T5 fixture I currently have? If not, I'd hate to take it only to result in a slow death for the coral.

I ran a 4 bulb cheap single reflector T5 set-up over a 30 breeder and had great sps growth. Bulb selection is very important with T5 though.

BlueDevil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard nothing but good things about ATI bulbs which is why I went with those. I can already tell a significant difference in my corals in just a couple of weeks.
@KJ - will swapping the Purple for another Blue+ will that not make the tank a lot more blue? Does the purple not provide a certain spectrum that the blue will not? I'll trust your opinion on it since you've obviously done this longer than me.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will swapping the Purple for another Blue+ will that not make the tank a lot more blue
I suggest that you add another Blue + but it will not make it look any more blue because you are running coral plus.. Most people with 4 light bulb fixtures run all 4 blue + for better color and growth. If you don`t like it you can always change it to your taste. :)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Coral Plus
Combines the properties of a Blue Plus (~50%), Aquablue Special (~40%) and Purple Plus (~10%) producing a bulb with a cool, crisp white color with hints of red and blue. The higher blue component compared to an Aquablue Special produces better fluorescence in capable corals and the red component is excellent for color rendition. Approximate color temperature: 15000K+. Recommended Use: As a stand-alone bulb or in combination with Blue Plus, Purple Plus, True Actinic or other supplemental T5 bulbs.

Blue Plus
Combines the properties of a blue bulb (approximately 460nm) with an actinic bulb (approximately 420nm), producing an intense blue light with high PAR numbers and a light spectrum that encourages both bluing in SPS corals and fluorescence in capable corals. Also helps balance a washed out/ yellow-hued tank. Recommended as a supplement to metal halides or in combination with Aquablue Special, Purple Plus, or other full spectrum T5 bulbs. Can also be used for dawn/dusk applications. (Similar to KZ Super Blue)

Purple Plus
Combines the properties of a full-spectrum bulb with strong red and blue components, producing a bulb with excellent color rendition that works very well to bring out pinks, purples and reds in an aquarium. Recommended in combination with at least two or more other T5 bulbs, like the Blue Plus and Aquablue Special. Not recommended as a stand-alone bulb. (Similar to KZ Fiji Purple)

BlueDevil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this info @KJ! Appreciate it! Think I'll get another Blue+ bulb and test it out. Worst case I don't like the look and can go back to the Purple+ and just save the Blue for the next replacement cycle [emoji4]

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still got frags for the following:

Chriscrna
BlueDevil
ReefRookie

LMK if you don't want yours anymore. Should be available to p/u this Saturday at the party. Just remind me in case I drink too much LOL.

Dave

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One person apparently dropped out on this so LMK if you'd like a frag. For those who requested one I have some time this weekend and could meet you at AM or somewhere. I'd just like to get the frag rack out of the tank.

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowza! That's some amazing growth some folks have there. Quite encouraging for me! :)

And, as far as bulbs go, I am currently running the following in my fixture: 2 ATI Blue+, 1 ATI Purple Plus and 1 ATI Coral Plus
From front to back what order do you have the bulbs in? Thanks

BlueDevil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From front to back what order do you have the bulbs in? Thanks

I checked my bulb setup. Here is what I finally ended up being happy with.

Front to back:
ATI Purple Plus
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Coral Plus
ATI Blue Plus

I run the two Blue Plus from 10am to 10pm and all four bulbs from 12 to 8. Moonlight LEDs from 10 pm to 10 am.

I played around with 3 Blue Plus and 1 Coral Plus but it made the tank look a little too blue for my liking.

Cheers!
Yash

Amelcorn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have anymore I would be interested also. I can always wait for it to grow back out if need be

Amelcorn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a frag if its not too much trouble. Just text me at 8652081686 I live in Harriman. So not to long a drive to pick it up

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back