Stray Voltage and Current - Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter sucker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yes, you need a ground probe which is there to save your life. Forget the induced voltage which will always be less than 108 volts. If it is 108 volts or higher, that is a short and if you put your hand in the water it will throw you across the room which has happened to me many times before GFCIs were invented. Put in a ground probe for your own good. I do not like to go on these threads because of all the opinions and arguments from some people who don't understand electricity.
thank you
 
I agree that a ground probe is useful for human health. I have no idea if it helps with fish health with induced voltage, but I'd guess it makes no difference. It won't prevent induced voltages on the other side of the tank.
thank you
 
Ground probe + GFCI = best. Though, to be honest, my probe is so coated in coralline that I doubt its doing much :(
thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new