Stressed Foxface From Petco

docscorals

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
648
Reaction score
597
Location
Madison
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this foxface from Petco this evening. Drip acclimated and added him to the tank.

I bought him from Petco because he had been there two weeks in a 20 long and looked stressed every time I walked by the fish tanks. As you can tell, he has color shifted because he is still stressed. Any thoughts on how to calm him and help him adjust safely?

I generally don’t buy fish from Petco, but after seeing that he had been there two weeks, I had to.
20260930_190310_77C9CD88-ED6F-4804-8FF4-DABB93BC88E8.png


20260930_190310_DA2DE7EB-319B-4B35-9352-6FAF1A5F5269.png
 
Thanks. I set up a mirror on the side of the tank too. My powder brown was waving his tail at him. Trying to distract him so the foxface has time to settle in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new