Stringy cobweb like film after i introduced CUC

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryleary
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
either vermited snails or snail residue...my big nassarius snails leave that stuff around.
 
I'd say vermited snail too. Try and follow one of the strands back to the rock. They are tiny and you'd just see a little thing peaking out.

Here's what they look like:
post-13204-1201569439.jpg
http://www.nano-reef.com/uploads/monthly_01_2008/post-13204-1201569439_thumb.jpg
 
Yeah I watched one crawling and leaving his trail behind. It was the first day I had creatures in my first tank so I was a Lil nervous. Thanks!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new