Stringy poop Tang

Gophish1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve only caught my yellow tang pooping 3 times since I got it a few weeks ago. It’s eating fine and looks much healthier then it did when I first got it (it was very pale at the LFS). It has stringy poop though and from what I’ve read it can indicate parasites. I’m also wondering if it’s just the sea veggies it’s eating. It kind of resembles the long stringy bits of the food I often have to clean off my wave maker. The poop isn’t white either, just the strings coming out the end of what seems to be a very solid poop. Is this normal or could it be parasites?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’ve only caught my yellow tang pooping 3 times since I got it a few weeks ago. It’s eating fine and looks much healthier then it did when I first got it (it was very pale at the LFS). It has stringy poop though and from what I’ve read it can indicate parasites. I’m also wondering if it’s just the sea veggies it’s eating. It kind of resembles the long stringy bits of the food I often have to clean off my wave maker. The poop isn’t white either, just the strings coming out the end of what seems to be a very solid poop. Is this normal or could it be parasites?
Often when it’s fed brine shrimp and/or mysis shrimp, their poop mimics the white stringy poop from internal parasites
If you’re not feeding these foods, treatment will be seachem metroplex and focus too use a binder for food in a quarantine tank

OP
OP
Gophish1982

Gophish1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Often when it’s fed brine shrimp and/or mysis shrimp, their poop mimics the white stringy poop from internal parasites
If you’re not feeding these foods, treatment will be seachem metroplex and focus too use a binder for food in a quarantine tank
I feed mysis. It’s not interested in BBS I hatch for my jellyfish.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 95 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back