Stromb snail behaviour

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kial
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kial

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2017
Messages
912
Reaction score
289
Location
Gold Coast australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a stromb snail in my tank for the last few months. Has been out daily trekking around the tank cleaning the sand.

However, the last week or so it's just been half buried in the sand. I could just see the top of its shell. Today I came to the conclusion it must be dead as it hadn't moved...but its still alive and started moving around once I moved him.

Is this normal behaviour for these snails?
 
I've had a stromb snail in my tank for the last few months. Has been out daily trekking around the tank cleaning the sand.

However, the last week or so it's just been half buried in the sand. I could just see the top of its shell. Today I came to the conclusion it must be dead as it hadn't moved...but its still alive and started moving around once I moved him.

Is this normal behaviour for these snails?
Yes, mine sometimes go inactive for a few days.
I have 4, so normally at least a couple are awake at a time.
 
Nah I have nassarius snails which do that.

This is a stromb snail, has what looks like an elephant trunk vaccuming up the sand lol
They're also known as conches.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new