Struggling to find flow pattern

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an aqueon 29 tank with 2 hygger mini DC 1600 powerheads and a fluval 370 canister filter. Facing the tank, one power head is in the left corner on the back wall to the left of the filter intake a little more than halfway up. Second one is in the back right corner on the side wall pushing water towards the intake, getting flow behind the rockwork, and also next to the return. That one is a little below the halfway line obviously the return is on top. The return is diagonal pushing water to the other side of the tank diagonally. I was wondering if this torch and possibly hammer is getting correct flow. Mostly the torch the hammer fluctuates. Both powerheads are set to a random flow pattern. So basically I have a back wall side wall on opposite side setup with my rockwork in the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_1338.MOV
    17.8 MB
  • IMG_1337.MOV
    33.9 MB
OP
OP
Scaggs1117

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow seems pretty good, nothing extreme.
Ok thanks, my concern was maybe not enough or too much because one side of the torch was hanging over but then I also realized one polyp was lower than the other

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back