Struggling to use Atlas Peristaltic Pump on Node Red Pi for pH Control

autonation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I want to use my Raspberry Pi to control the pH of the water in my tank. I have followed the online tutorial using an Arduino which showed that the pumps work, but I want to do it all through the Pi using Node Red because I already use it to control water height, pumps and lighting. I know that I2c works in some capacity because I use a 4-20 mA ads1115 sensor to interpret the 4-20 mA signal coming from the pH transmitter.

The pumps are wired into the SCL and SDA GPIO pins of the Pi and getting Vcc from a power supply which has common ground with the Pi, the same way as the ads1115.

I am trying to use node-red-contrib-ezo but I'm really not sure how to use it correctly. I have tried using an inject node with
1641964079946.png
into the ezo node by trying to follow some of what is discussed here https://github.com/MaddyTP/node-red-contrib-ezo/issues/7/
I have also tried inserting a boolean true into the ezo node with D,[1] as the topic. With both I keep getting the error "Error: EREMOTEIO: remote I/O error, write"

I am not really sure if that means it's an issue with my wiring or with what I've done on node red.

Please can anyone help me

Thanks
Cai

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how I missed this thread!

I am the author of node-red-contrib-ezo so free to tag me if you run into any other issues!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back