Stuck Anemone?

InCodWeTrust

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green bubble tip decided to relocate and during his walk, he got stuck in one of the holes in my Jbj 65 gallon aquarium. He has done this once before but I took him out and put him back to his original spot. There was a little flesh coming out but he recovered. Any ideas on how to prevent this?

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try blocking it with a screen or something similar

Mine did this too but actually made its way all the way to the sump found it in the filter sock

By the way the sump is 20 feet from the tank

OP
OP
InCodWeTrust

InCodWeTrust

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try blocking it with a screen or something similar

Mine did this too but actually made its way all the way to the sump found it in the filter sock

By the way the sump is 20 feet from the tank
Do you think a mesh would be good enough. I still want good filtration?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green bubble tip decided to relocate and during his walk, he got stuck in one of the holes in my Jbj 65 gallon aquarium. He has done this once before but I took him out and put him back to his original spot. There was a little flesh coming out but he recovered. Any ideas on how to prevent this?
Is it one of the little holes to allow water in so the pump does not go dry, or one of the holes for the overflow into the actual chamber set?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I Need Help I Just Got My Pink Hiatin Anenome Yesterday And Was Doing Perfectly Fine And Now She Is Like This Does That Mean She Is Dying?

15663950512272317053139223309594.jpg
Can you start a thread? Doesn't look good :(

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anemones shouldn't go in new tanks. they need stable water. also you should drip aemones when getting them, they dont like big changes in water chemistry

some drip all corals, but i only do aneomes and sps if i dont know the other guys water parameters

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anemones shouldn't go in new tanks. they need stable water. also you should drip aemones when getting them, they dont like big changes in water chemistry

some drip all corals, but i only do aneomes and sps if i dont know the other guys water parameters
What do you Mean Drip? and she is connecting to the rock again and moving around her Tentacles aren't shriveled or anything.

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you Mean Drip? and she is connecting to the rock again and moving around her Tentacles aren't shriveled or anything.
drip the aneome when you buy it sorry.
you need to slowely add water to the bag it comes in so the anemone gets use to the water difference slowly

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you need to slowely add water to the bag it comes in so the anemone gets use to the water difference slowly
Okay Thank You So Much They Never Told Me At The Pet Store this is what she looks like Now Think she will be fine

15663990617411469844236682673330.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay Thank You So Much They Never Told Me At The Pet Store this is what she looks like Now Think she will be fine

Several folks have stepped up to help you on the thread Crabs made for you. :)

OP
OP
InCodWeTrust

InCodWeTrust

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for late response, I am at school currently and only have the product picture. The three holes on the bottom or the holes I am talking about.
624B281C-ABE3-4FEF-975B-3AD8629CB081.jpeg

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I never drip my nems. I just add them to the tank. Most nems are extremely hardy regarding water conditions and many are exposed to sun and other elements during low tide. Others live in extremely turbid water. I haven't lost a nem due to the acclimation process. While I agree that it's generally a good idea to drip, it's not needed.

Looks like two threads somehow got combined into one? That photo is a condy.

Sorry for late response, I am at school currently and only have the product picture. The three holes on the bottom or the holes I am talking about.
624B281C-ABE3-4FEF-975B-3AD8629CB081.jpeg

I wouldn't worry too much about those holes. I don't think much flow goes through them, not enough to kill a nem. They are there just to make sure the pumps don't run dry if the tank water height goes below the overflow teeth.

I wouldn't even other covering them.

If the nem is moving around a lot, it may not be happy with flow, lighting, or water parameters.

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if anemone are so hardy, they why do people always saw add them to a mature tank???

also I purchased 5 wild ones from indo last year, dripped them all. i lost 3 out of the 6. sold the other 3 they just kept getting smaller and smaller till nothing left

well 1 is still left, its on the top of my tank on back glass by water line for the past 9 months

while my other pruple bta is still going strong after 4 years.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should've been more specific. The assumption is that water quality is within acceptable parameters and isn't fluctuating. For example, magnifica do not like high nitrates. Most people don't recommend adding nems to new tanks because parameters tend to fluctuate a lot.

Dripping really doesn't deal with those issues. It's a one time thing. I'm just saying it's not needed.

Regarding your nems, are you talking about wild BTAs? If so, they'll all unpredictable and dripping won't save them. You've acknowledged that because only one of them made it. If you dripped 3 and they made it, and didn't drip 3 and they died, then you can possibly correlate dripping as a better approach.

Fair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hey this just happens to me in a 40g aquatop

how did u get it out? Mine looks stuck

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some theorize that anemone mortality on new additions is frequently due to bacterial infections from shipment. Drip acclimating would not solve that issue. I always encourage drip acclimation but don't always practice it.

OP
OP
InCodWeTrust

InCodWeTrust

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some theorize that anemone mortality on new additions is frequently due to bacterial infections from shipment. Drip acclimating would not solve that issue. I always encourage drip acclimation but don't always practice it.
I nudged it’s fit out and got it loose then relocated it and hoped it heals which it did

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back