Stuck in the mud

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yall probably sick and tired of seeing me here butttttttttt

I have two options current I been fighting ich for like 1 year been fallow twice first one was my fault I didn’t even do the full 76 days as I added coral half way through .
2nd attempt was near perfect - even added fresh water mollies into the tanks to see if there was ich no signs of ich there added fish to the DT and boom ich . AHHHH

NOW I’ve removed my coral into another tank.

my DT has ich and a few live rock sand and my fishes. I can either go hyposalinity 1.008 in that tank for 4 weeks and hope ich goes. OR I remove the fish TTM them and let my tank sit fallow for 80 days again.

what would you guys do in my position. Really feeling theconsequences of not quarantining for a year now .

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your fish stocking list? If it's all medium fish (and you've never added in small fish), I'd do TTM, since you can easily catch all the fish. If they're large fish, then hyposalinity since it's hard to move larger fish.

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your fish stocking list? If it's all medium fish (and you've never added in small fish), I'd do TTM, since you can easily catch all the fish. If they're large fish, then hyposalinity since it's hard to move larger fish.
Max size is like 4-5 inches yellow tang and Lamark angel being the biggest

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Max size is like 4-5 inches yellow tang and Lamark angel being the biggest
Ok, what's your smallest fish? It helps if you just provide ALL of the fish you have in the tank currently, and any that you have added, but seem to have disappeared (note which fish these are). Unless you have physically removed the fish' body from the tank, list the fish.

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, what's your smallest fish? It helps if you just provide ALL of the fish you have in the tank currently, and any that you have added, but seem to have disappeared (note which fish these are). Unless you have physically removed the fish' body from the tank, list the fish.

clowfish chromis and a blenny are probably the smallest fish maybe 1.2-2 inch no other smaller fish

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowfish chromis and a blenny are probably the smallest fish maybe 1.2-2 inch no other smaller fish

3B39C9AC-E7BD-485A-8146-A74283D55F32.jpeg

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And is that all your fish? The clownfish, chromis, blenny, tang, and angelfish? Nothing else?
Blue tang yellow tang foxface Lamark angel flame angel coral beauty 1 molly 2 clownfish a bangai cardinal and blenny

Peng1606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t have any inverts or corals in DT you can use hypo to treat whole tank but you need to be very strict about maintaining proper hyposalinity or it won’t work.
The corals and inverts removed then has to be quarantined in fish less tank for 45 or 76 days depending on your level of comfort.
If you have corals and inverts in DT then probably catch out all fish and either TTM or copper them while tank is fallow for 76 days.
Have had tank crashes before due to ich other disease before so now everything that goes in tank get quarantined +/- treatment before.

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t have any inverts or corals in DT you can use hypo to treat whole tank but you need to be very strict about maintaining proper hyposalinity or it won’t work.
The corals and inverts removed then has to be quarantined in fish less tank for 45 or 76 days depending on your level of comfort.
If you have corals and inverts in DT then probably catch out all fish and either TTM or copper them while tank is fallow for 76 days.
Have had tank crashes before due to ich other disease before so now everything that goes in tank get quarantined +/- treatment before.
I’ve Seperated all my corals and inverts - that’s why I’m thinking whether to do hypo or just remove fish and do TTM and leave fallow for 76 days which one is more successful

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back