Stupid mistake!!

tencwhiskey

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2013
Messages
208
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing some work in the tank last night so I shut the return line off from the sump, and forgot to turn it back on. The bad part is my tank was at 73 degrees this am. So I don't want to reward too fast I assume? Any other tips or ideas? I feel like an idiot.
 
73 is fine... I have forgot to do this multiple times. Some people even keep their tanks in the low 70's. I'd say just turn the return back on and let it go back up, everything should be fine.
 
Yeah, no worries, I keep my tank at 78 but do waterchanges with water at 68-70 deg, drops the tank down to 74, never had any issues.
 
Ha! Happened to me on Sunday!! Woke up to 73, plugged heater back in, no issues :)
 
I thought it could be worse. But everything went well. Felt like a bonehead
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new