Stylo care

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrbacony
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrbacony

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Messages
505
Reaction score
241
Location
SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a Space Jam Stylo in a recent WWC coral of the month club shipment. I know it is considered an SPS, but that is about all I know. What kind of flow , light and placement is needed for this one?
IMG_1590.JPEG
 
You typed stylo, but did you mean cyphastrea? I’m far from an expert, but that what it looks like be to me—I have a meteor shower cyphastrea in low flow/low light for 2 months and it is thriving.
 
Thats a cyphastrea coral and moderate light and water flow and placed on lower third of tank
Feed 2-3X per week.

recommended:

salinity 1.025
mag 1300
alk 8--9
ca 400-450
temp 77-79
ph 8.1 - 8.3
 
All I know is WWC wrote Space Jam Stylo on the card. So i am going by that
 
Not a cyphastrea. It’s a Lower light sps
 
Thats a cyphastrea coral and moderate light and water flow and placed on lower third of tank
Feed 2-3X per week.

recommended:

salinity 1.025
mag 1300
alk 8--9
ca 400-450
temp 77-79
ph 8.1 - 8.3

No it's a stylocieniela and it's a lower light high flow coral
 
All I know is WWC wrote Space Jam Stylo on the card. So i am going by that

when people say stylo they think it means stylophora(Sp) .. It is not that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new