Stylophora and SPS acclimation

OrthoVet05

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
251
Reaction score
140
Location
Ponte Vedra Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R!

I recently got a stylo frag from the LFS this past Sunday and was wondering about lighting and water recommendations. I have it nearish the bottom of my tank and about 60-80% of the polyps are fully extended.

I was wondering if I should just leave the guy here for a few weeks or move him higher up in the DT. Also... i have historically dosed Randy’s two Part more sporadically since I just have a few LPS in the tank. Should I try and change my parameters? I know I should keep nitrates 0-5 for nutrients and phos at 0 ideally.

I am trying to stay patient with this guy. Been dosing benepets reef food and nitrates.

Current parameters
S.G. 1.026
Phos 0.25
Nitrates 10 ppm
DkH 10
Ca 400
pH 8.3

I greatly appreciate the input.

91a8e25077c0ce87cb0f9523fde5cb15.jpg


https://
uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181130/368e37d009b5cf930f7708a99d380136.jpg
 
Agreed.
That stylo will take a lot of different amounts of light.
If you like where it is , there may not be any reason to move it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new