Submerged acclimation box

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Can an acclimation be fully submerged?

  • Yes

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    3

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,689
Reaction score
33,634
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fish in an acclimation box on the bottom of the tank. It has holes on all sides and bottom along with a vented top. I have feed holes in the top so I am able to feed using a baster with an extention without moving the box. I've had a few people recommend the box be at the water surface. I have used magnetic boxes at the surface but mainly so I can feed. Since I can feed this box submerged is there any risk to the fish not being able to reach the surface. @Jay Hemdal any input?
PXL_20241002_155918606.jpg
 
I have a fish in an acclimation box on the bottom of the tank. It has holes on all sides and bottom along with a vented top. I have feed holes in the top so I am able to feed using a baster with an extention without moving the box. I've had a few people recommend the box be at the water surface. I have used magnetic boxes at the surface but mainly so I can feed. Since I can feed this box submerged is there any risk to the fish not being able to reach the surface. @Jay Hemdal any input?
PXL_20241002_155918606.jpg
Sorry - I’ve never tried that myself, I always have these at the surface. My fear would be that it might create a microclimate of low dissolved oxygen if there aren’t enough holes.
 
Sorry - I’ve never tried that myself, I always have these at the surface. My fear would be that it might create a microclimate of low dissolved oxygen if there aren’t enough holes.
Thanks Jay. To the top it is.
PXL_20241003_160732176.jpg


Thanks again @fishguy242 for the heads up. And my appologies for doubting you
58A0Ov.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new