Submersible webcam?

Formulator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
2,759
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be cool to have a small camera permanently mounted to one of the aquarium sides. I’m not finding much online, but I can’t be the first person who has wanted this… Anybody have a camera in their tank? What are you using?
 
Interesting thought. I watch several live webcams such as Coral City Camera off Miami. The big issue is keeping the lens clean. The cameras deployed long term usually are in a clear globe with an automatic wiper that rotates throughout the day. In your tank the fouling of the camera would need to be addressed.
 
Aqua Vue makes underwater cameras for fishing. I've used one for a live trout display and have it hooked to a TV, they do have a wifi adapter. The color may not be the best, my fish tend to look orange on the big screen.

There are lots of other submersible products made for fishing.
 
I just attach a tiny go pro to my clown fish.
IMG_5319.jpeg
 
I wonder if @Paul B could devise a way to attach a tiny camera to a fish. That would actually be really cool. I know he has done some wild DIY surgeries in the past. Maybe some ethical issues here though…
Seen it done on shark week
 
I wonder if @Paul B could devise a way to attach a tiny camera to a fish. That would actually be really cool. I know he has done some wild DIY surgeries in the past. Maybe some ethical issues here though…
In college my roommate and I were doing an undergrad study with acoustic transmitter attachment techniques on 7 inch salmon smolts. The tags were the size of a cigarette butt. One position was dorsally...that didn't go over well.
 
uk how the new GoPros have the little foot thing at the bottom, going off of @Lavey29 's idea, just put a screw through the fish and the little foot lol
but, depending on the tank size, GoPros would work, or if u get a dji fpv system, put it in a water proof box, that would work
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new