SUBSCRIBE to a hashtag for your controller!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't heard of that one. What's Aquatronica?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't heard of that one. What's Aquatronica?

Aquatronica is a company from Italy that came into the US Market in 2005 right after Neptune systems came in. They have always been about two generations ahead in design and reliability than any other controller company (I am an Electronic Engineer in the design dept so I know lol) .

If your wondering why they are not number one in USA controller industry I can tell you that it is not because they don't have the most advanced and reliable equipment, it's because they sell a ton load of their controllers in the EU and Asia along with Australia and the Middle East and have found the USA market to be difficult to support from Italy. Also after first entering the US market they had a lot of their tech ideas ripped off . Also after they started to sell their products at Marine Depot and were in negotiations with BRS, when a certain company pulled some strings to get their product lines pulled. So they tried again selling through Canada but have not had much luck with the small dealers over there. They are talking about a US return but it might not be for another year.

Here is a link to their product line: Aquatronica

Scroll through the pictures and then look at the modules and other things they offer.
All I can tell you is that their stuff works great and without any bugs or bad readings. My two Temp probes are 15 years old and I only calibrated them once and they sill read dead on with my Fluke 87 Meter with Temp probe. The Salinity probe is state of the art and uses Magnetic resonances to measure salinity. It literally does not need calibration but it can be. They last 2.5 - 3 years and never really need cleaning or re-calibration.

pH and ORP are your typical pinpoint type probes. They have Ecotech control for up to 8 pumps and I think lights. Their DO probe is excellent. It uses annually refillable electrolyte and works without re-calibration for the whole year and then you just screw off the bottom and throw out the old electrolyte and add fresh one.

Anyway they also sell a Dosing Pump, a range of about five different LED Lighting systems like the one below, completly controllable by the controller, the lights also have a USB port so you can program them via a PC if you dont own their controller. I have the smaller one with six tubes of LED's for my 90 gallon tank.

4700_XRiXFpcfGjJB_large.jpg

You will not see USA type powerbar plugs listed on that page, because it's the EU page. They do sell them but they were only listed on the Canadian website.

One thing I love about their systems is that every major component has its own Microprocessor and memory. You can unplug the controller and the powerbars will keep doing what they are programmed to do. The lights, Dosing Pump etc all can work independently and even keep their own time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping this! Subscribe to the hashtag for your controller to avoid missing important information or conversations.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back