substitute for black acrylic in aio tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter janecoral
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

janecoral

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Philippines
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to use black acrylic as part of background and filter for my aio tank. but black acrylic is expensive here and black glass is hard to cut. Do you have any suggestions that I can use as black panel substitute for acrylic and glass that can be use in Saltwater.
 
Generally most plastic sheeting is pretty expensive, and it can be very hard to cut for beginners especially. On BRS they have black ABS textured sheets that are 30 bucks for a 24” by 24” panel. Only one side has the texture and it’s relatively easy to cut with a circular or scroll saw.
 
Edit: I'm dumb. I just realized the black is going to contact water. Nevermind!
 
Last edited:
I just bought a Sheet of 1/2" (0.472”) Clear Acrylic 24"x12" Plexiglass Sheet (12mm) Thick Cast Sheet, for $45.57 on Amazon. Did take about five days to get it as it came out of Californi.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new