Substrate advice for cephalopod tank

Thomas Jedlicka

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
345
Reaction score
328
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody! I’m getting an octopus most likely Pygmy Atlantic octopus. I have figured out want I am doing for mechanical now I just need to figure out substrate and aquascape.

I was thinking a more coarse substrate. Maybe Fiji pink rock for the sand. And I’m not quite sure what to do regarding rock. I know ample hiding space is needed as well as room to swim.

any advice is appreciated however I am hoping a few people will have some experience with Octos and have good advice on regarding what to do. Tank is only 13.5 gallons so keep that in consideration. All other aspects of the tank have been covered. Meaning filtration lighting escape proofing.

thanks for reading this thread!
 
@Thales would have the answers.



Rich knows them very well!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new