Substrate to sand

  • Thread starter Thread starter el richie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

el richie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2011
Messages
416
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my fourty breaded has a 2 to3 inch "sand" bed but I don't like the way it looks anymore, was wondering if I could change it out in one hit or should I do it gradually.
 
What are you planning to change it to. If you're looking at something coarse like a crushed coral substrate it can come with a different set of problems. If you're stuck on changing it out I always prefer to change things slowly over time in my tank. Suck out some with each water change over several weeks trying not to stir up things too much. Don't want to shock the system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new