OP
OP
asydabass

asydabass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome Don! Uve got that secret sauce man :)
Ha, far from it. I’m actually battling a pretty nasty Chrysophytes outbreak right now. I haven’t read any literature about them having an affect on Acropora, but ever since this outbreak I’m starting to lose color and see slowed growth in this tank. Could be coincidental.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good man!
My friend got some stuff and Im not sure if its tenuis or what ever.. im a bit worried though as he said some colonies died.

any idea?

7A58000F-C171-4D40-8F3C-0A44ABAF6176.jpeg
5AAAF86B-5C3B-4078-940F-6FC4AD16D2F6.jpeg

and here some other stuff visible
E232B482-EDB1-4D29-80C6-E99E45024735.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t been keeping up this last year, have any new areas opened up for export of mariculture or wild yet, for acropora?
I believe Oman is open for coral collection however they may be open more so for the Softies (We’ve had many more variants of leathers come in recently). We’ve also had an influx of brand new fish into the hobby due to Oman.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way my friend received a new mille from australia.. coloration looks amazing.. what you think @Smite

09FABCC0-1286-4788-80EA-23E4BCB9ACF4.jpeg
If it wasn’t such a high price tag, I’d be stealing that and putting it into my reef. It’s a beauty!

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's for the whole piece then that's not too bad. A frag, that'd be a pass for me. I paid near that for my last browned out mari mini colony though... so calibrate my response to that, hahaah. It's starting to look pretty nice though and seems to be a fast settler/grower. I'll share a picture once it gains some better color in the daylight.

Here is that piece I felt looked like that orange millepora/spath you shared @chipchipmofo . Might be different, had a cool small branched growth structure for a millie type. Looked awesome under blues
DSC_0134.jpg
no namer millepora.jpg

rru rainbowblossum-3.jpg

Soulburn millepora.jpg

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's for the whole piece then that's not too bad. A frag, that'd be a pass for me. I paid near that for my last browned out mari mini colony though... so calibrate my response to that, hahaah. It's starting to look pretty nice though and seems to be a fast settler/grower. I'll share a picture once it gains some better color in the daylight.

Here is that piece I felt looked like that orange millepora/spath you shared @chipchipmofo . Might be different, had a cool small branched growth structure for a millie type. Looked awesome under blues
DSC_0134.jpg
no namer millepora.jpg

rru rainbowblossum-3.jpg

Soulburn millepora.jpg

wow man thats a stunning piece :O im flashed by its beauty.
You lost that one?

im not sure heard the aussie maricultures are pretty finniky, right?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back