sudden ick bomb

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers
i have a question
what could be a the problem if a tank has been running just fine with sutable levels ( fowlr tank) and weekly water changes, that would cause a sudden whitespot bomb like in less then 16 hours?

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would be the issue. Do you have a QT tank?
With it being Fish Only, you probably can treat the fish right in the display tank instead of having to isolate.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a tank that i use for new arrival fish, its not the first time i added new fish to the system, but this time it was like a sudden shock where in less then 16 hours literally half of fish were dead and the rest where covered in ick.
I have ordered plenty of time and introduced many fish to this system and keep them there to start getting them to eat frozen foods& pellets before moving them.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss. More information would be helpful. Photos of the fish under white light will help identify the parasite better. Ich usually doesn’t kill that quickly so it’s sounds more sinister. Also posting tank size and fish stock , as well as water parameters is helpful.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a tank that i use for new arrival fish, its not the first time i added new fish to the system, but this time it was like a sudden shock where in less then 16 hours literally half of fish were dead and the rest where covered in ick.
I have ordered plenty of time and introduced many fish to this system and keep them there to start getting them to eat frozen foods& pellets before moving them.
Sounds more like velvet than ich.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back