Suggestion fish for 120g

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 48x24x24 sps only and i have only a 6 inch majestic and a new 2 inch gem tang.

My lfs give me a list of tang that have just finish a 30 days quarantine.

3 inch Achille (i think my tank is to small)
3 inch desjardini (how much time before is to big for my tank)
4 inch yellow tang

I think that my best choice is to add together the yellow and the desjardini with my gem.
What do you think ?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check through liveaquaria.com for their tank size recommendations. Problem isn't when will they be too big for the tank. Their bodies will adapt to their environment and not get bigger but their organs will not. While it may seem like they are still small enough, internally they could be having issues and you don't know it.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like those choices.

Tank is too small for a sailfin or Achilles. And I wouldn't risk those two expensive yellow and gem together as the only two in a 4' tank.

Better choices would any Ctenochaetus besides chevron, or a foxface of some kind.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ctenochaetus tang +1 wouldnt risk it with the other tang species. get a small tang if you buy it, rather not have the gem tang be the one taking the brunt of the aggression

OP
OP
A

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because my gem is allready in my tank i have thinking that it will be ok to add a 4 inch yellow tang and maybe the 3 inch desjardini in the same time for not have an agression. I know that i will have to resell the desjardini when it will be around 5 inch

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because my gem is allready in my tank i have thinking that it will be ok to add a 4 inch yellow tang and maybe the 3 inch desjardini in the same time for not have an agression. I know that i will have to resell the desjardini when it will be around 5 inch
From what I understand growth in size will be dictated by the tank size. However organs don't follow that same pattern. While you may be waiting for a certain size to re-home the damage could already be done.

OP
OP
A

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i add only the 4 inch yellow with my gem tank, this will be my best longterm choice ?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Others will have to chime in. I'm not that knowledgeable about aggression between tangs.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 104 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back