Suggestion for 45g Cube SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mhumbach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mhumbach

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2013
Messages
104
Reaction score
24
Location
Plymouth, Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45g cube 24x24x18 its running a 6 bulb t5 with a decent amount of SPS. I'm considering getting a LED fixture what would you guys suggest?
 
If you have sps I'd suggest adding led supplements, if you feel you need some leds.
 
My new tank is basically identical to yours at 24x24x16. I am doing it BRS style with the AP700 and quad t5 retro on floating canopy attached to an lcd arm mount.
 
I might just end up supplementing. I was curious about the radions and even the new maxspect how people with SPS like them
 
I agree with everyone else.... T5/LED combo. I came from having all LED and went to a hybrid fixture... much happier!
 
I agree with everyone else.... T5/LED combo. I came from having all LED and went to a hybrid fixture... much happier!


Why do you want both LED and T5? What benefit since it seems LED can provide any type of color and PAR.
 
I have an 8 bulb T5 with two Reefbrite strips and believe me it is a lot of light. I don't think you would need more than that. I do love my T5s and they look great.
Nitro
 
Why do you want both LED and T5? What benefit since it seems LED can provide any type of color and PAR.

Because LED shadowing is horrible. T5's also give me better growth... far better growth. I'm even running less PAR than I was when I had just LED.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new