Suggestions for GSP on back wall

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to get some green star polyp to mount to the back of my tank. Super glue does not work, and I have tried using skewers to hold it up as well as a rock. Everything keeps falling down. Anyone ever Successfully had green star polyp mount to the back wall?

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to get some green star polyp to mount to the back of my tank. Super glue does not work, and I have tried using skewers to hold it up as well as a rock. Everything keeps falling down. Anyone ever Successfully had green star polyp mount to the back wall?
I just did this. I dried the back of the GSP mat, put a dab of super glue gel on it - stuck a small bit of coral putty to the glue on the back of the GSP - then put a small dab of glue on the putty - stuck it to the rear wall and held it with pressure for about 2 minutes. It’s on there pretty good now. It helps to scrape and clean the area of the back wall where you’re doing this first.

alternatively, if you lean a GSP rock against the back wallC it’ll start to grow up the wall on its own.

PupChow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just did this at two spots with super glue gel and 1"x1" piece of GSP (probably easier with larger piece). If the GSP mat is rolled up, just got to make sure it's laying flat. I made sure to hold the frag under water for at least 30 secs (trying my best not to squish the polyps) to make sure the super glue is set. Another idea is to glue the GSP onto a small frag plug, snip off the plug's stem, and then super glue/epoxy that to the back wall. (careful of the epoxy though, may be on there for good)

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried gluing several gsp frags toy back glass and back plastic overflow.the 4 pieces ( about 1 x 1 inch kept falling off next morning I woke up and several times over next few days so ended up gluing them all on plastic overflow box.well they say gsp invincible and hard to kill,seems like I'm one of the few that can successfully kill it lol
Tank was new tank at about 4 months old so maybe the algaes from ugly stage killed it as was getting a brown dusting over it and tuxedo urchin ate a couple them frags down to the glue so next time I try I will leave gsp on frag rock it comes on and just lean the rock up against the glass and let it do its own thing,got more cuc so back glass stays relatively clean these days and tank 4 months older ^_^

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glue was fine for me. Also best to use two frags and space them apart towards the bottom of the wall and they'll grow to fill the space between and move up

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t use any glue, just positioned 2 frags of it on either side on the sandbed, propped against the back glass - naturally they wanted to grow up instead of out. I have about a 5x5 patch on one side and a 6x10ish section on the other side.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is the easy way, and then there is this way.
Make a magnetically attached floating rock peninsula (MAFRP) and let the GSP (or Xenia, or GHA, hmmm there is a trend here) let it spread from the peninsula, then move the rock and rinse and repeat.

!5G WB peninsula GSP is 3 months of rock spread and 1 month on the glass
1F215449-23E0-419F-AF94-05929811EC2A.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 75 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back