Suggestions on a pump for nano skimmer?

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the eshopps nano skimmer with the stock pump (Sicce Micra) connected to a co2 scrubber, but the pump doesn’t pull in enough air to make the scrubber effective. Does anyone have suggestions on a stronger pump that will fit the ehsopps nano skimmer?
 
Measure the outlet width & check out eheim compacts.cheap, efficient little pumps that have been around since the arc.i use a 300 to power my zeolite reactor.they come with adaptors
 
Measure the outlet width & check out eheim compacts.cheap, efficient little pumps that have been around since the arc.i use a 300 to power my zeolite reactor.they come with adaptors
Okay awesome! Thanks so so much, I’ll definitely look into it
 
Measure the outlet width & check out eheim compacts.cheap, efficient little pumps that have been around since the arc.i use a 300 to power my zeolite reactor.they come with adaptors
Is this the one you’re talking about? And if so do you think 264gph is enough when the 90gph pump i have doesn’t work at all?
 
Is this the one you’re talking about? And if so do you think 264gph is enough when the 90gph pump i have doesn’t work at all?
US gallons always confuse me.
compacton 300/600/1000 are the UK sizes.
IME if you half the claimed output you're about accurate(my 300 puts 144litres pH through my zeolite but that's resistance you don't have obviously) I'd measure output from your current pump then aim for double.
An easy way is to measure 30 seconds flow then x120.
 
US gallons always confuse me.
compacton 300/600/1000 are the UK sizes.
IME if you half the claimed output you're about accurate(my 300 puts 144litres pH through my zeolite but that's resistance you don't have obviously) I'd measure output from your current pump then aim for double.
An easy way is to measure 30 seconds flow then x120.
Ah yes sorry I didn’t see your username at first, I agree US measurements are pretty ridiculous, especially the liquid measurements.

My current pump doesn’t pull enough air through for the media to work, and that’s at 340 liters per hour, so I’ll probably need the 1000 model, right?
 
Ah yes sorry I didn’t see your username at first, I agree US measurements are pretty ridiculous, especially the liquid measurements.

My current pump doesn’t pull enough air through for the media to work, and that’s at 340 liters per hour, so I’ll probably need the 1000 model, right?
Potentially 600.
I'd measure the output of yours & see.
If in reality it's putting out 150-200 litres, the 600 should be hitting around 300 which may be enough.
Also, size of pump is a factor
 
Potentially 600.
I'd measure the output of yours & see.
If in reality it's putting out 150-200 litres, the 600 should be hitting around 300 which may be enough.
Also, size of pump is a factor
How do I measure the output when it’s pumping air, not water?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new