Suggestions on test kits

GR00VY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a api kit. Got it super cheap. Not a fan. Color codes are hard to read. Plus my Seachem badge in my tank is yellow but the api kit showed .25ish. That is a huge difference. Api shows nitrites at 0 and nitrates a tad softer than 40 ppm. I would like a kit that is easier to read and more accurate. I wish they digital kits.

What is everyone me recommendation? My lfs has Seachem and api tests available. I can also order online for other recommendations.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a api kit. Got it super cheap. Not a fan. Color codes are hard to read. Plus my Seachem badge in my tank is yellow but the api kit showed .25ish. That is a huge difference. Api shows nitrites at 0 and nitrates a tad softer than 40 ppm. I would like a kit that is easier to read and more accurate. I wish they digital kits.

What is everyone me recommendation? My lfs has Seachem and api tests available. I can also order online for other recommendations.
I like the Nyos nitrate and phosphate and use Hanna Checkers as well. Reliability is most important as you know.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back