SUGGESTIONS please

Jobet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm new to the hobby. My tank has recently finished cycling.

Im looking for ideas on a media basket/bag to install. Im fairly handy and will probably invent something but im asking for suggestions or ideas. I dont want to have to remove my light bracket everytime i want to pull out the filtration media......

checkout my video for a better idea of what im talking about, please

upload_2018-6-16_17-25-15.gif

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see any video. Hard to suggest somethin wit out a glossy 8x10 of your setup. I have had many uses for water / pond plant baskets. I find that these clamps i found on amazon have many uses, and do not rust .
Excel 3-Inch Adjustable Plastic Clamp, Small

OP
OP
Jobet

Jobet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, That's weird, I had a personal video with a YouTube link attached but I guess it was removed. I'll try again......

I dont see any video. Hard to suggest somethin wit out a glossy 8x10 of your setup. I have had many uses for water / pond plant baskets. I find that these clamps i found on amazon have many uses, and do not rust .
Excel 3-Inch Adjustable Plastic Clamp, Small

George Lopez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question... what if you bolt a black piece of wood to the back of the stand where your light can clamp down onto behind the tank so that it doesn't take up any space in the media area?

OP
OP
Jobet

Jobet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question... what if you bolt a black piece of wood to the back of the stand where your light can clamp down onto behind the tank so that it doesn't take up any space in the media area?
Thanks for the input brother. So, thats an interesting idea. I'll consider that down the road. For now, i have decided that I'll just deal with removing the light mount when needed. The filter floss, i can reach and replace without moving the light and I recently learned that the chemipure only needs to be replaced approximately every few months. I think i can tolerate that. If i change my mind, I'll keep your input in mind. THANKS

Back