Sulfuric acid to clean Trident cuvette doable?

Ironic_Water

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2023
Messages
130
Reaction score
81
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have access to a diluted sulfuric acid solution that we use at work to clean the cuvettes of automated chlorine residual analyzers.

I imagine I should be able to use it on the Trident cuvette right, as it's glass as well?
 
I believe it’s plastic.. it’s been awhile since I took mine apart but if it is I'm not sure if that’s safe.. I just used denatured alcohol last time I cleaned mine out.
 
I believe it’s plastic.. it’s been awhile since I took mine apart but if it is I'm not sure if that’s safe.. I just used denatured alcohol last time I cleaned mine out.
Good to know, plastic would likely degrade and lose clarity with sulfuric acid. I'll try denatured alcohol like you said.
 
If it is glass it would probably be ok. The alkalinity testing reagent in the Alkatronic, KH Carer and The Hydros iV uses a mild sulfuric acid and that can be sent back to the tank after testing.
 
I believe it’s plastic.. it’s been awhile since I took mine apart but if it is I'm not sure if that’s safe.. I just used denatured alcohol last time I cleaned mine out.

Correct, it is plastic.

The Trident NP has a cleaning task and we used bleach. Nothing scented or thick, gel based. Just the pure over the counter laundry bleach that is scent free.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new