Sump Design

SuperSaiyanTang

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
337
Reaction score
173
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for a sump design for my 48x28x24 tank. I really like the way "a reef in sky" sump was designed. I was thinking of doing a 32x21x16 version of that sump. My only questions are, how big should I make the drain section? How large should the cutout for the drain be? I liked this design and would like to incorporate it, what do you all think?
Sump2-2.jpg
SumpTopView2.jpg
 
I think that design looks great. The size for the opening is going to depend on how high your turnover rate will be. Unfortunately I'm not too sure how to calculate that. Hopefully someone will chime in for that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new