Sump filtration

  • Thread starter Thread starter Squadir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Squadir

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
384
Reaction score
125
Location
Trinidad, W.I.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone noticed any significant difference with running a sump without filter media like socks or floss?
Was reading that filter media sometimes removes organics that sps corals may utilize so I was contemplating if to remove my floss. If it doesn't make much of a difference then I would probably just leave it in.
 
I think they were talking about chemical filtration such as carbon chemi pure etc. using floss or socks makes cleaning easier as you just replace the floss with the organics on it or wash the sock. I would keep using the floss
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new