Sump for 135g

lolaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I posted a few weeks ago about a sumo and decided to do this I am running a 75 gallon on a canister filter was going to do a hang on the back overflow but decided to upgrade to this 135 gallon. It’s pre-drilled as you can see in the picture and the stand doesn’t really suit to have that big of a sump the biggest sump I can put in there is my 20 gallon long that I made with baffles that I was gonna put below my 75 if I go any higher then I won’t be able to take my skimmer out if I need to do any maintenance or if there’s a malfunction. The previous owner of the 135g drilled the floors and had sump in basement I don’t have that option. Anybody have any ideas? There is also a picture of the stand so you get an idea.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

benbalter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three ideas come to mind 1. Cut the center bar out and add supports to the side. Then build a custom sump. 2. Just add a second sump there no rule that says that you can only have one. 3. Run what you have add a reactor and a second reactor with lights for Cado. Good hunting

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back