sump heaters

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jej34
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jej34

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
298
Reaction score
101
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just switched over to a sump. It has 9" depth. Heater I have is too long, I'm looking for two small heaters that will work but don't see anything online that small.
What are you guys using?

80 gallons display and tank.

Thanks
 
How big is your sump. Use a submersible heater and put it the width of the sump. Use two smaller heaters instead of one.

If they are Jager's, they are long. Consider Sera heaters, my second choice, that are a little shorter.
 
Please forgive my ignorance, but my water levels at the top of the baffles so I'd have to fit in between two baffles correct?
145229813111632024065.jpg
 
No! Lay them in there anyway they would fit. I have a 40 breeder and have two heaters that run front to back on either side of a single baffle...and held in place with conduit clamps.

Here you can see the two clamps on either side of the baffle while the sump was being built:



And here is the one heater in the sump.

 
Nice sump.

I'd still have to find short heaters, my sump isn't that wide.

Thanks for the info.
 
Or, the titanium heating elements.. Not sure of the wattage you require, but 250 on up, they are typically much shorter than a standard heater. And more accurate and reactive as a benefit..

Either Finnex or Blue Line..
 
How much longer are they than the width of the sump? Mine won't fit across the width either, so I used the suction cups to put one on the end glass of the sump on an angle (still fully submerged) and the other one on the baffle on the opposite end of the same sump chamber.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new