sump help

  • Thread starter Thread starter winzig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

winzig

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2024
Messages
299
Reaction score
275
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 100g mixed reef and have the drains on the back of the tank.My question is how long should my main drain inlet be? My emergency drain is obviously longer.

thank you
 
Thats a good question, I never thought about it to be honest, I never thought it made a difference but maybe it does. I totally removed the inlet pipe (only left the emergency drain pipe). Would be curious if there is any reason to leave it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new