sump ideas

jleoni

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Location
Killen, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just picked up a 450 Gallon acrylic a few weeks back and I'm looking to make something totally amazing with it. I've been toying around with using dual acrylic sumps under each of the overflow boxes and turning them into refugi's and have each of them spill off into a central utility sump. I'm thinking that I want to make the doors on each side of the stand both front and back, left and right look like shadow boxes thus allowing me to stock some non reef specific animals in the fugi's. But honestly I'm also looking for idea's for really cool stuff to do in such a large aquarium. The aquarium is 10'x2½'x2½', with dual 9"x9" overflow's dead center left and right. Looking forward to hearing / seeing some of you all's ideas! Cheers!
 
Bump


Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new