Sump issue??

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DT is finally fill of RO/DI water and it’s making its way down into the sump. The first chamber is filling, the second chamber (very narrow baffle prior to the first set of socks) is also filling from the bottom as it should, however the third chamber (first sock chamber) is also filling from the bottom? I don’t see any cracks or issues with the silicon but in my mind this chamber should be filling from it coming over the top? The water level is about an inch lower in the first sock chamber than the other two.

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sucked out all the water from the first filter sock chamber and found the culprit, appears to be a small leak in the corner. Suggestions? In the picture it’s that corner closest to the camera.

7521F5CF-A626-462C-824B-42C197DB9440.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good on you for noticing this. While disappointing, I don't think this leak poses a significant problem, IMO. In normal operation, there is no significant pressure on that wall. On shut down, it is not enough water to make a difference in the rest of the sump even if it leaks.

If it still bugs you, dab some (reefsafe) silicone, let it cure a bit, and fire up the RO again.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back