Sump or Canister filter?

I will say I have a HOB on my 75 gallon FOWLR. It’s been running for 3 plus years without issue. That being said, wish I would have drilled the tank. If I were starting from scratch I would de drill the tank.
 
If you install a lift pump to a hob overflow you shouldn't have a problem . If you like tangs you will need a 125 gallon 75 will keep a bristle tooth tank. If there is a sticker on the bottom of your tank that said do not drill don't try it will shatter.
Thank you
 
Lifereef HOB overflows are built to perfection, do not need a pump and do not lose siphon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new