Sump or refugium

catmonaco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, the time is near, should I do sump or refugium? When I had my first tank I did only wee/dry sump w skimmer. I wanted to do refugium then , but never did. Now here I am again. Which should I do. I have a wet dry sump already, but I keep thinking about a fuge. I also told myself I could change it later and just get everything up and running, but wouldn’t that cause another tank cycle? Also how much lighting does the fuge need? I’m thinking this way because of heat from the lights and not looking to buy a chiller right now.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, the time is near, should I do sump or refugium? When I had my first tank I did only wee/dry sump w skimmer. I wanted to do refugium then , but never did. Now here I am again. Which should I do. I have a wet dry sump already, but I keep thinking about a fuge. I also told myself I could change it later and just get everything up and running, but wouldn’t that cause another tank cycle? Also how much lighting does the fuge need? I’m thinking this way because of heat from the lights and not looking to buy a chiller right now.
Why not do a sump with the fuge section?

A fuge doesn't need much light. You can get a regular light fixture with a plant grow bulb for a basic fuge.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back