Sump pluming

JACKS REEF

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
278
Reaction score
86
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up reef2reef I took a little break for a while but I’m back!! So my next project is too hopefully set up a sump for my 29 gallon tank. First thing I don’t want to drill my tank so I am planning on buying a overflow the one I am interested in is the PF-300 overflow perfect for my nano tank. There is one problem I don’t know what plumbing will fit that overflow? And even what pluming should I use? Anyone know what size of pluming tubes will fit the PF-300? After the tube pluming is finished I need to find a return pump. So for the PF-300 it says it’s about 300 gph so should I get a 300 gph return pump or a 400gph return pump? The sump I am using is not really a sump it’s a Fiji cube 29 aio that I bought but it didn’t fit in my tank so now I am using it as my sump. The problem with this “sump” is that the filter sock chamber to the skimmer chamber is a little high so I might need to cut it down a bit, but other than that it works fine. If the Fiji cube does not work than I will just buy a sump but the problem is that I have very little space 14.7 inches long, 11.6 inches wide and 25 inches tall. Can someone please find a sump that fits those requirements please this build is definitely a hard one.
 
I tried putting a sump in my 14g.

I flooded my room.

Anyway I would research the return to make sure it will do 300gph going up to the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new