Sump Question

fjimmy123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO i just ordered a sca 120g tank.. am about to order the trigger 34... My question is do you guys think that sump is good in size. the next size up would be the trigger 39 but that would leave no room under the stand for anything.... what you guys think...thank you

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on how ultimately you want it set up as far as room is concerned.

A bigger sump means more room down there for equipment which will soon fill the space up, and also more water volume which will help with stability.

But you have to work with what you have I guess

And welcome to R2R as well by the way!

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bigger sump means more room down there for equipment which will soon fill the space up, and also more water volume which will help with stability.

I am not entirely sure of the specific dimensions of the two (and I have a 39) but I think the water vol./stability is a moot point. You’re talking about a couple gallons difference and a 120g display.

Reason I would go 39, would be the larger space for bigger equipment for a 120g display. The 34 will probably remove some larger skimmer options you may be interested in....

I wouldn’t worry about space next to the sump. You’ll be amazed at what you can mount above the sump etc when you need the space!

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also consider putting electronics and "extras" in cabinets outside of the tank stand. When I started my 60g cube build I was hung up on jamming everything in the tank stand, but ended up using 2 side cabinets instead. Much easier going that route and not having to compromise due to lack of space.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back