sump question

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any benefits using a store made sump over a diy sump? Other then appearance.

I have a trigger 36 ruby sump that has never been used, and then i have a 40 breeder that was a diy

The 40 breeder holds more volume and has a bigger fuge area, but the trigger sump has the pipe going right into the sock holder and that is a bonus

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any benefits using a store made sump over a diy sump? Other then appearance.

I have a trigger 36 ruby sump that has never been used, and then i have a 40 breeder that was a diy

The 40 breeder holds more volume and has a bigger fuge area, but the trigger sump has the pipe going right into the sock holder and that is a bonus
If you’re going for the aesthetic use the ruby, if you really want that full DIY experience I’d do the breeder. In my opinion more five space the better! Might even get to return (save a ton of money) or just sell that overpriced plastic box lol

Fish man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a diy guy. I made my sump to get more volume and like PbnJOnWheat said, it's an overpriced plastic box. Maybe your diy sump could be modified for the sock pipe.

Attachments

• Sump.png
    Sump.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 38

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back